Are You A Suitable Candidate For Lap-Band®?
Lap-Band® weight loss surgery is not suitable for everyone because it may not achieve the weight loss and control desired. In some cases, more conventional treatments may be better, particularly if you are just trying to lose a few pounds. For these reasons, you will see our bariatric surgeon in a private medical consultation to determine the suitability of Lap-Band®. Dr. Guirguis, our bariatric surgery specialist, will review your medical history and goals during your consultation, then provide you with a treatment plan that will best help you achieve your weight reduction goals.
While a complete medical assessment by Dr. Guirguis is the only way to determine if you qualify for the treatment, there are a few general things that can help you figure out whether Lap-Band® is right for you before booking your consultation.
If any of the following statements are true for you, call 888-920-3341 to book your consultation now:
- You are frustrated with your weight and inability to get it under control.
- You haven't reached your ideal weight and maintained it for the long-term despite changing your eating habits and adding more physical activity in your daily routine.
- You have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of at least 35, or are overweight by at least 30-50 pounds.
- Your excess weight is not the result of a disease to your knowledge.
- You are suffering from weight-related problems, such as sleep apnea and sexual dysfunction.
- You aren't pregnant.
- You are at least 18 years old and under 65.
- You don't drink too much alcohol.
Lap-Band® is the safest form of bariatric surgery, as proven by medical research. Coupled with the FATControl™ System, exclusively available at the Centre For Weight Control, you can regain control over your weight, and your life.
The primary goal at the Centre For Weight Control is to help you achieve your ideal weight and maintain it with the safest, most medically-sound treatment. We don't accept every person who contacts us as a patient. Please take a moment and review the following statements. If any are true for you, Lap-Band® may not be a suitable solution to help you in your weight reduction efforts:
- You haven't tried to lose weight by making changes to your lifestyle, particularly eating a more balanced diet and adding more physical activity.
- You are unwilling to make adjustments to your daily diet and physical activity levels.
- You have a disease that directly causes your excess weight gain.
- You have Crohn's disease, an ulcer or other disease that adversely affects the condition of your gastrointestinal tract.
- You have a medical condition that could put you at a higher risk for developing serious complications resulting from surgery.
- You have dilated veins that could contribute to excessive bleeding during surgery.
- You have portal hypertension, which is elevated blood pressure in the veins that carry blood from the stomach, small intestine, pancreas and spleen to the liver.
- You have an abnormal esophagus, stomach, or intestine.
- At the time of surgery, you have an infection. This infection could contaminate the area operated on, increasing your risk of complications. Your surgery may be rescheduled until the infection has been resolved.
- You have an addiction to alcohol or drugs.
Within a year or less, you may experience a 65% reduction in your excess weight!
If you think Lap-Band® weight loss surgery and FATControl™ can help you finally achieve your weight reduction goals, call us at 888-920-3341 to start.
Your BMI is
Keep in mind that only a qualified physician or surgeon will properly evaluate all the factors in your case. This result is a guideline for you and can help you make the decision to seek more information about weight loss surgery using the LAP-BAND® System.